MARCH 18-24th, 2018
7 one hour classes (to watch on your own time)
on Sequencing & Cueing
A review of the basic principles of sequencing & cue-ing sequencing with fresh eyes.
Check yourself before you wreck yourself.
FOR YOGA TEACHERS & STUDENTS
As the yoga practice continues to develop along with our ever evolving world - we too must keep asking questions and re-looking at the “rules” “habits” and methods we use to approach and teach yoga.
- Do they speak to our current day physical patterns?
- Do we mean what we say when we call out a sequence in class?
- Are we being specific enough?
- Are we looking underneath the surface of what something “feels like” - considering that not everything that “feels good” is actually good for us?
- What do we feel like at the end of the sequence?
A yoga practice seeks to bring harmony to things that are out of balance. After we have habitually practiced or taught yoga in a certain way over and over again, aspects of the practice itself - like sequencing or speaking cues - can become rote.
Students stop listening. Maybe you get bored …
THIS COURSE IS DESIGNED TO:
REVIVE YOUR LOVE OF SEQUENCING & TEACHING
TO REVAMP YOUR CREATIVITY WITH EACH SERIES OF POSTURES
Sequencing requires a combination of balancing our knowledge of anatomy, with observation of the present moment (the actual people and bodies/minds in front of us) alongside a thoughtfulness around the goals we have in mind with each aspect of a class.
We have to constantly ask ourselves - why am I doing this? Why am I describing it like this?
Weaving these vantage points together creates a series of postures and the transitions between them that actually honors the current day scenario in our modern world, the people we are teaching, and the ancient tradition of yoga, which is a practice of bringing opposites together, resolving conflict and restoring the innate harmony and balance available to all of us.
This course will REFRESH our understanding of the following:
- Basic Principles of Sequencing
- Alignment of Feet (determines the entire rest of the posture)
- Neutralizers vs. Counterposes
- Getting the most out of Twisting
- Standing Poses & Transitions In & Out of Them
- Maintaining longevity in the joints
- Cueing Transitions skillfully, efficiently and effectively
- Cueing Instructions in the Proper Order
- Having fun with Language to Keep the Room Awake
- Savasana - not to be ignored
- Surya Namaskar & Warm Up in General
Classes will be posted to a private Facebook group daily, which you can watch
ANYTIME, ON YOUR OWN TIME!
You are welcome to join when they are recorded live, though this is optional.
Questions that arise during the course will be answered live during the course material.
Classes Recorded Live:
Sunday March 18th : 5-6pm PST
Monday March 19th - Friday March 23rd : 11-12pm PST
Saturday March 24th : 3-4pm PST
For more details or questions:
Contact us HERE