GIVING GOLD TRAINING IN NYC
GIVING GOLD TRAINING IN NYC
An exploration of public speaking and finding your authentic voice
(no more “yoga voice”) and the tools to weave a spiritual theme accessibly
into every element of a yoga class.
If there is one thing that can go really bad in a yoga class, it’s the spiritual teaching.
If there is one thing that can be the most special thing about a yoga class, it’s the spiritual teaching.
April 14th - April 19th, 2018
NEW YORK CITY
Open to anyone interested in refining their public speaking skills, their teaching skills (not necessarily yoga, though this will be the form through which we discuss many of the tools) as well as their general sincere communication skills. (For YA certified yoga teachers, this counts as 20 hours towards YA continuing education)
Saturday April 14th & Sunday April 15th:
11:30-1:30pm & 2:30-6:30pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday : April 16-19th:
How to Give a Ted Talk by Chris Anderson
An Offering of Leaves by Ruth Lauer-Manenti
Brief Description of the Training Week
During this week we will explore the art of public speaking through the form of teaching yoga and mostly as it relates to weaving a spiritual theme into every element of a class with authenticity and accessibility. We will look at the tools necessary to communicate to a wide audience with clarity, precision and gentleness, welcoming all minds into a conversation exploring tangible yet elevated material, while connecting the dots of the mind to the physical body, playlist, sequence and more.
Cost : $600
- Spiritual Teachings - 3 to 5 minute suggested gold nuggets to inspire & kick start the class
- Weaving the Theme: Linking your golden nugget throughout class and relating it to the sequence, alignment cues & playlist.
- Short Led Body Scan Meditations to prepare for physical alignment cues related to the focus of class
- Verbs & vocabulary good for teaching yoga and expanding your use of languaging
- Tools to explain tough concepts
- The do’s and don’t of telling stories about yourself: how it is useful & how it can be unnecessary
- Deciphering your point into ONE sentence
- Power of repetition & simplicity
- Relating what we do on the mat to outside the classroom - why is this relevant to talk about?
- Talking to the most pessimistic person in the room
- Current Affairs/Politics in yoga? - out or in?
- Sussing out your own personal take on something ancient, poetic, & probably not to be tampered with
- Encouraging curiosity and inquisitiveness vs. telling people what something is, what truth is or isn’t.
- The Art of Languaging: Intonation, Breath Work, Cadence, When to Be Silent, Projecting, Using the Voice to make your point land the right way & more.